Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mystery: Where Are the People?

I arrived in Salta late yesterday and was promptly met by a ridiculous shortage of available rooms. Seriously, there was a huge line at the tourism office at 8pm of people just looking for a place to stay after getting turned down by the first several places they tried. And even after getting relatively gouged my first night, I only was able to get another place on the express condition that I am out by 10am tomorrow because the place is completely booked Fri and Sat.

With this kind of crush in the hotels, why is it that every restaurant I've seen tonight is almost dead? Where are the people?

For fun, though, I'm going to include a photo of the wall at Luna Verde, where I'm eating dinner (and also the first place in Argentina that put picante on my table as a matter of course. Score!):




Best wishes to all of you out there in the world!

No comments: