Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Thought #2

If you were a resident in a country that had endured decades of civil war, including death squads and other forms of massacres, what would be the attraction of fireworks for you? Seriously, Guatemalans love them some fireworks. And the really loud kinds. The ones that make me jump when I hear them. And they set them off at random times throughout the day and night. I'm just surprised that this doesn't set off some people's PTSD. It's interesting to me.


Location:Lanquin, Guatemala

1 comment:

Mr. Mute said...

To me, too. I spend most of my days trying to set off people's PTSD, and sadly fireworks are not part of the equation being in Cambridge city limits most days. Also, I've discovered that many soldiers who have returned from active duty in my circle were serving in logistics which involved air conditioned portable buildings--not many front lines folk. So, naturally, any PTSD I'm encountering is little more than an especially disgruntled "The Office" episode.